Friday 7 January 2011

Gandaroth "Expanded"

Originally I had a very specific idea for the fantasy world I wanted to create. I wanted to have a medieval-like realm that could incorporate the miniatures I have been collecting so far (knights, orcs, villagers, trolls, lizardmen, and so on). So the map of this realm, Gandaroth, was made with all of this in mind.
But, as my collection and interests kept on expanding, I thought of adding a few more distinctive cultures into the mix. So, I have created three new regions in the Eastern section of the general map (soon to be published) that will have peoples and creatures very much influenced by Indian, Japanese and Chinese cultures. This is quite exciting, as it increases the diversity in the narrative and gives me a chance of collecting and using miniatures that I may get at some stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment