Monday 11 April 2011

Scibor Dwarfs



It's been a while since I last updated the weblog, so my apologies for those who visit this page on a regular basis.



I've been quite busy with other things which means my little men got a bit neglected lately. Still, I found some time to paint bits and bobs, including these lovely miniatures from Scibor. I got them through Maelstrom Games, one of my favourite merchants. The models are very different from the 'cartoonish' dwarfs from GW and other companies.



Ironically (and maybe this is just my impression), these Scibor dwarfs look much more like the ones in the GW illustrations (such as the ones from the army book) than the actual GW models.



Anyway, these resin miniatures (like all of Scibor's) were a joy to paint. And they didn't require as much effort as I initially thought. I still struggle a bit with painting beards and skin, but didn't feel very intimidated by this challenge.



Because these guys are so different from the other dwarfs from my collection, I'm thinking of having them as dwarfs belonging to another tribe or kingdom somewhere in Forge Quest map. They certainly look like they've seen a lot of action!

3 comments:

  1. These are also good - particularly nice models. Putting the models against a backdrop makes such a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Only yesterday I remembered I had some cool terrain bits that I could us as scenery for the photos. I will be using more of those in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you painted this Fofo :) Can't wait to see the castle here as well! The film's on at 7pm, do you want to go together? I could get the tickets after yoga? Nagyon! Fx

    ReplyDelete